Inexpensive Ways to Boost Your Homes Value
1. Soup up Your Storage: Closet and Storage space is a big one on many home buyers wish list. It always seems that there is never enough. Make the most of the space you have by buying and installing closet storage organizing systems making the most of the space you do have. It is especially important if your home is older or you have few or small spaces.
2. Spruce up Your Bathrooms: Enhance this area by making small changes. A new toilet seat, a fresh shower curtain. Plush bathroom rugs. A new mirror. Brighter lighting. Declutter and put your toiletries away. Ensure there is a fresh scent. Hang fresh linens. This can go along way in making even a dated bathroom appear fresh.
3. Add a Closet: The price difference between a 3 bedroom home or 4 bedroom home can be significant. If you have a home office or den add a closet so it can be considered a bedroom. For few dollars this investment can give you significant return in your asking price.
4. Give Your Appliances A Facelift: Old, dented, tired or perhaps don't match. Look into ordering new doors that will make your appliances look cohesive.
5. Tired Flooring: Easily refinish your old Mexican Saltillo tile flooring. Have your floor steam cleaned and your grout and saltillo sealed and finished. For little expense it can brighten it to looking new again.
6. Replace Doors: Enhance your exterior appearance by replacing entry, garage and screen, doorways. If you can't afford to replace the doorways then add new hardware. Even that small change can make entryways look new. If your doors are in good shape, power wash them, stain or repaint to give a fresh new appearance.
7. Lighten and Brighten: Junky light switch electrical outlet covers can age a home. Consider replacing and upgrading these items. Dimmer switches go a long way to enhance your homes over all feel. Make sure your electrical wiring can handle the type of switches you change to.
8. Paint: You may love your teal or red walls but chances are a buyer will not. Add a fresh coat of interior paint in a neutral tone. A semi gloss paint will make your room seem brighter or an egg shell finish can hide minor imperfections like dry wall dents or plaster cracks.
9. Improve Your Kitchen: One of the things buyers look for above all else is a great kitchen. A total remodel can cost alot so consider an over haul. Change small things. Old ugly cabinets? Repaint and add new hardware. Or Resurface your cabinets which is much less than a full replacement.
10. Deep Clean: Your home can simply not be too clean to sell. Invest in deep cleaning by your own elbow grease or hire a professional cleaning service. Regular chores of dusting, vacuming, mopping you should still be sure to tackle rarely cleaned areas like vents, baseboards, cabinets, blinds, door knobs. Steam clean your rugs, wash walls and windows and replace broken windows or screens.
IT'S SAFE AND IT'S EASY. LET ME HELP YOU FIND YOUR PIECE OF PARADISE.
YOUR Los Cabos Real Estate Professional